Family Birth & Newborn Center
The Family Birth & Newborn Center at Queen of the Valley Hospital offers private rooms, an experienced staff and a family-focused approach to labor and delivery. Every person on our team is dedicated to your comfort and care during this amazing time.
Your journey into motherhood starts here.
Please call 626.851.2719 with any questions.
Our birthing center
We are the San Gabriel Valley's largest birth center. That means we can offer you plenty of space and privacy. We also have the team and technology needed to care for you and your baby if complications should arise.
Our modern birthing center offers private labor-delivery-recovery rooms complete with your own bathroom and space for those who will support you during labor.
After your initial recovery, you'll rest and bond with your baby in our private postpartum rooms.
Our Family Birth & Newborn Center is a free standing building on the Emanate Health Queen of the Valley Hospital campus in West Covina. We are taking every precaution necessary to keep our mothers, newborns and limited visitor safe.
For pregnant patients who have a scheduled induction or caesarian section at our free standing Family Birth & Newborn Center, testing for COVID-19 is administered prior to their due date.
Learn more about our new safety protocols.
OB-GYNs and maternity care experts
Our incredible facilities are staffed by a team of expert doctors and support staff, including
- Board-certified Obstetricians
- Registered nurses certified (RNCs) in labor and delivery, maternity and newborn care
- Anesthesiologists onsite 24-7
- Board-certified Neonatologists
- Certified lactation consultants
Family-centered care is our philosophy. Every program, policy, room and team member is carefully selected to provide the best care possible for newborns, moms and families.
Here are some of the ways we put your family first:
- Personalized birth plan. When you decide to deliver at The Family Birth & Newborn Center, we take the time to learn about you and what your ideal birth looks like—and we help you put the plan in writing.
- Rooming in. Moms and babies room together at all times. This helps familiarize you with your baby's feeding cues, practice breast-feeding and ensure plenty of special bonding time.
- Skin-to-skin contact. Whether you've had a cesarean section or vaginal delivery, we place your new baby directly on your chest immediately after delivery so that you can enjoy this special time in the closest way possible.
- A safe environment. Our birth center has a state-of-the-art security system to ensure infants and new families are safe.
Birthing center visiting hours
Our visiting hours and policies vary depending on the unit moms and babies are in:
Labor & delivery and postpartum rooms: One support person is allowed throughout the duration of your stay.
Neonatal Intensive Care unit: Parents and designated adult visitors are welcome anytime except for during our two shift changes from 6 to 7:30 a.m. and 6 to 7:30 p.m. Visiting policies are subject to change during flu season.
All visitors will be temperature screened and must be free of illness with no recent exposure to contagious diseases.