Hospital visitation guidelines
We are pleased to begin slowly allowing visitors back into our hospitals. The safety of all visitors, patients and staff is our top priority. Our visitation policy has been updated in accordance with California Department of Public Health (CDPH), county regulations and infection control best practices.
Please note the visitor policy may change at any time.
Hospital Visitor Policy
- Inpatients will be allowed one 60 minute visit from one designated person per day.
- Surgical and cardiac catheterization lab patients will be allowed to have a visitor escort them to the holding area. For outpatient surgeries, this visitor will then be asked to leave when the patient goes to their procedure and be called back after, where they may remain with them until they are discharged. Due to space constraints, visitors will not be allowed in the GI Lab or Interventional Radiology areas. Admitted surgical and cardiac catheterization patients may continue to have a visit for 60 minutes per day after surgery or procedure.
- This policy does not apply to the Family Birth and Newborn Center and Pediatrics. They will continue to follow their own policies.
- Patients with COVID-19 or under investigation for potential COVID-19 infection may not have a visitor. We will work with families to provide alternate forms of communication. However, end of life visitations will be allowed.
- Inpatients in shared rooms are allowed one visitor; only one visitor in a shared room at any given time.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
- Visiting hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visitors will not be allowed in the Emergency Department.
- Due to safety and privacy reasons, window visitation (where applicable) will no longer be permitted.
- All visitor policies related to end of life and other special circumstances will not change and continue to exist.
- Visitors will check in at front lobby and complete temperature screening.
- Visitors will only use the main entrance for entry and exit.
- Visitors that are under quarantine may not enter the hospital.
- Visitors who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days are not permitted visitation.
- Visitors must wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times.
- Visitors may not eat or drink while in the patient room.
- Visitors must complete hand hygiene upon entry to hospital and patient room and upon exiting.
- Visitors must stay in patient room throughout their visit. Waiting areas and cafeterias are closed to visitors.
- Visitors must leave at the end of their 60 minute stay.
Visitors will be instructed that if they test positive with COVID-19 within 14 days of visiting a patient, please contact the hospital infection control department immediately at 626.814.2515.
Contraction of COVID-19 exists everywhere with every contact, while Emanate Health has taken prudent precautions for the safety of our visitors wishing to enter, Emanate Health takes no responsibility for any visitor who may test positive for COVID-19. Failure of the visitor to abide by these conditions will result in a denial of all future entry to visit during the remainder of the admission.
Thank you for allowing us to care for your loved one during this stressful time. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.