COVINA, Calif. — Emanate Health, the largest health care system in the San Gabriel Valley, today announced that it will begin offering a limited quantity of COVID-19 vaccinations for patients, ages 16-64 with high-risk medical conditions and those age 50+ beginning April 1 that meet the latest criteria from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH).
"We're very proud that the county has invited us to administer the COVID-19 vaccinations to individuals in our community to help promote health and wellness during the pandemic," said Emanate Health CEO Rob Curry. "We've treated thousands of COVID-19 patients since last year, vaccinated most of our employees and now we're excited to offer the vaccines to help fortify people from the virus throughout the San Gabriel Valley."
People who meet the LACDPH criteria can click on emanatehealth.org/vaccines to register for one of two vaccination clinics. If they have trouble registering or do not have a computer, individuals can call Emanate Health's Get Enrollment Moving (GEM) program at 626.851.2748. GEM representatives will verify a caller's eligibility and assist them with signing up over the telephone.
Only those patients who are pre-registered may attend the free vaccination clinic, which will be held April 10-11, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Emanate Health Care Center, medical Arts Building I, 1135 S. Sunset Ave., Suite 401, in West Covina, adjacent to the Emergency Department at Queen of the Valley Hospital. The clinics intend to vaccinate 1,000 people each day in observance of social distancing guidelines. No walk-up vaccinations will be offered.
All groups in Phase 1A are now being offered vaccine.
- Healthcare workers Eligibility Required Documentation
- Long-term care facility residents Eligibility Required Documentation
All groups in Phase 1B, Tier 1 eligible for the vaccines include:
- Persons 65 years and older (Eligibility documentation required)
- Education and childcare (Eligibility documentation required)
- Emergency services (Eligibility documentation required)
- Food and agriculture (Eligibility documentation required)
- Janitorial, Custodial, and Maintenance Services (Eligibility documentation required)
- Transportation and Logistics (Eligibility documentation required)
- People who live or work in congregate living spaces (Eligibility documentation required)
- Individuals with health conditions and disabilities (Eligibility documentation required)
People ages 16-64 can be eligible if they are deemed to be at the very highest risk to get very sick from COVID-19: EITHER because they have one or more of the following severe health conditions:
- Cancer, current with weakened immune system
- Chronic kidney disease, stage 4 or above
- Chronic pulmonary disease, oxygen dependent
- Down syndrome
- Solid organ transplant, leading to a weakened immune system
- Sickle cell disease
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies (but not hypertension)
- Severe obesity (Body Mass Index ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus with hemoglobin A1c level greater than 7.5%
OR if, as a result of a developmental or other significant, high-risk disability, one or more of the following criteria applies:
- A COVID-19 infection is likely to result in severe life-threatening illness or death; OR
- Acquiring COVID-19 will limit the individual's ability to receive ongoing care or services vital to their well-being and survival; OR
- Providing adequate and timely COVID care will be particularly challenging as a result of the individual's disability.
All individuals age 50 or over will be eligible to be vaccinated from April 1.
For more information on vaccination eligibility, click here to access the LACDPH web site.
About Emanate Health
Emanate Health, www.emanatehealth.org, is the largest nonprofit health care provider serving the one million residents of the San Gabriel Valley in California. The system provides specialized care in Behavioral Health, Cancer, Cardiovascular, Emergency, Neuroscience and Stroke, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, and Women's Health. Its family of hospitals and hospice include Emanate Health Inter-Community in Covina, and Emanate Health Queen of the Valley in West Covina, Emanate Health Foothill Presbyterian in Glendora, Emanate Health Hospice and Emanate Health Home Care in West Covina, as well as other clinics throughout the region. Year after year the health care system has been voted "Best Hospital" and "Best Place to Work" and providers are consistently among the "Top Doctors" in Los Angeles County. Visit emanatehealth.org, our Newsroom and connect with us on LinkedIn │Twitter │ Instagram │ Facebook