Emanate Health Foothill Presbyterian Hospital Auxiliary
Many volunteer opportunities are available that have a huge impact on the lives of patients, visitors and employees.
The Emanate Health Foothill Presbyterian Hospital (FPH) Auxiliary is a group of volunteers who focus on fundraising to help the hospital grow and improve. Whether it's for a new piece of medical equipment or a hospital renovation, the Auxiliary volunteers roll up their sleeves and get to work.
It was formed in 1968 (five years before the hospital opened), raising money for the capital project, as well as scholarships. The Foothill Presbyterian community is extremely grateful for everything the Auxiliary has accomplished, including the recently completed Geleris Family Education Center.
Foothill Presbyterian Student Volunteers Scholarships
The Foothill Presbyterian Auxiliary awards scholarships, of which some are privately endowed, to students pursuing and/or advancing a Health Career. The Scholarship Committee appraises and evaluates each application using the following standards and criteria to select the scholarship recipients.
- Any high school senior, college student or Foothill Presbyterian Hospital (FPH) employee who has been accepted to study at an accredited college, university, or technical school pursuing a health career and/or advancing his/her professional health career.
- Applicant must be United States (U.S.) citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicant must be California resident.
- The school to be attended need not be located in California; however, it must be accredited by a regionally accredited association of schools and colleges.
- The applicant must use and fully complete the current application form, please email Pat Losie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the application.
The following criteria are reviewed:
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Honor and/or professional achievements
- Volunteer Service
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two personal or professional letters of recommendation (current within 6 months, original, signed and on letterhead)
- FPH employee must add one letter of recommendation from his/her Department Director.
- FPH Junior Volunteer must add one letter of recommendation from Director of Volunteers or Junior Volunteer Advisor.
- Personal essay expressing applicant’s goals
- Financial Need (Section 6, Demographic data MUST be completed to be considered)
- Use of correct application form and completeness thereof (failure of same will result in non-consideration.
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
FPH Auxiliary in the News
- 2020 Christmas Ornaments Donation - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - December 24-30,2020
- 2020 Volunteer Luncheon & Bingo Announcement - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - March 6-11, 2020
- 2019 Holiday Installation Breakfast - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - December 12-18, 2019
- 2019 Holiday Open House - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - November 7-13, 2019
- 2019 Family BBQ and Concert in the Park - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - August 15-21, 2019
- 2019 Scholarship Awards Dinner - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - June 6-12, 2019
2021 Auxiliary Board of Directors
Elected Executive Committee
- President - Dlorah Gonzales
- First VP Publicity - Mary Barham
- Second VP Ways & Means - (vacant)
- Third VP Finance - Jack Mateer
- Executive Secretary - Bonnie Singleton
- Membership Chair - Patty Mateer
- Policies & Procedures - (vacant)
- Corporate Director of Volunteer Services* - Tiffany Ramirez
- Chief Philanthropy Officer* - Greg Lehr, Ed.D.
- Lobby Shop Manager* - Kristine McLeod
*Ex-Officio Non-Voting Members
- Junior Auxiliary - Jana Swete
- Lobby Shop - Bonnie Singleton
- Nominating Committee - (vacant)
- Publications/Messenger - Pam Byars
- Scholarship Awards - Pat Losie
- Social Committee - Barbara Torres
- Awards - Pat Gowder
- Financial Committee - Mike Starr
- Coordinating Council - Linda DeMarco & Art Bereuter
- Courtesy Cards - Theresa Mattijetz
- Telephone Committee - Cathie Hawkins
- Vendor Sales Chair - Patty Mateer
The Junior Auxiliary is a group of young volunteers who serve a crucial role at Emanate Health Foothill Presbyterian Hospital. Its members support nurses, doctors and hospital staff, and raises funds to help benefit the hospital. In 2020, the Junior Auxiliary donated an iPad to the hospital so patients could communicate with their loved ones during the pandemic.
Become a Member
Join the FPH Auxiliary by filling out our volunteer form.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please click here.
If you have any questions, please call 626.857.3101.