Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital Auxiliary
Many volunteer opportunities are available that have a huge impact on the lives of patients, visitors and employees.
The Emanate Health Inter-Community Hospital (ICH) Auxiliary is a group of volunteers who focus on fundraising to help the hospital grow and improve. Whether it's for a new piece of medical equipment or a hospital renovation, the Auxiliary volunteers roll up their sleeves and get to work.
The Auxiliary was founded in 1945 by Eleanor Wilson and Charlotte Season with a group of eight volunteers. Its first project was to furnish the hospital nursery.
The Auxiliary operates the Bargain Box thrift shop, which collects merchandise through community donations.
216 E. Rowland Ave.
Covina, CA 91723
Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday, noon to 4 p.m.
We're happy to accept Bargain Box donations of your gently used items during business hours.
ICH Auxiliary in the News
- Auxiliary Installs Board - Highlander - March 1-7, 2020
- Auxiliary Installs 2020 Executive Board - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - February 20-26, 2020
- 2019 Donation to the Hospital - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - December 19-25, 2019
- 2019 Auxilian of the Year - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - October 17-23, 2019
- 2020 Slate of Officers - San Gabriel Valley Examiner - September 26-October 2, 2019
2020 Auxiliary Board of Directors
- President - Phyllis Rounds
- Vice President of Programs - Nancy Kitamura
- Vice President of Membership - Janice Clark
- Vice President of Special Projects - Peggy Monges
- Vice President of Public Relations - Jody Mentzer
- Vice President of In-Hospital - Jacquelyn Garretson
- Past President - Janice Clark
- Secretary - Jane Lee
- Treasurer - Carol Koon
“Why I Joined the ICH Auxiliary”
- “I recall the wonderful care and kindness that the doctors, nurses and volunteers provided to my entire family while my father was at Inter-Community Hospital and decided that I wanted to do this someday. I joined the Auxiliary once I retired and had the time to help.”
- “Inter-Community Hospital has provided the best medical care to me for several years. I became a member of the Auxiliary to help spread the word about the great services and give back to the hospital and community.”
- “My children and granddaughter are adults now and while I am loved, I am not needed like I used to be. I have so much time on my hands. By joining the Auxiliary, I feel needed again. And I have a purpose.”
Become a Member
Join the ICH Auxiliary by filling out our volunteer form.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please click here.
If you have any questions, please call 626.915.6239.