How we're keeping patients safe
Emanate Health goes to great lengths to protect every single patient and staff member. These safety protocols are in place across our health care system:
- Everyone who comes to Emanate Health is required to wear a mask and is temperature screened for COVID-19.
- All patients scheduled for an elective surgery are tested for COVID-19.
- For pregnant patients who have a scheduled induction or caesarian section at our free standing Family Birth & Newborn Center, testing for COVID-19 is administered prior to their due date.
- Our waiting areas, including those in our emergency departments have seating placed six feet apart, to enforce social distancing.
- All suspected coronavirus patients who come to the ER are placed in a separate area while they wait for further care.
- Our admitted COVID-19 patients are placed in isolation units on different floor from everyone else and transported in separate elevators.
- We are limiting guests from visiting our hospitals and limiting access to entrances from our hospitals to keep everyone safe.
We have implemented some of the toughest anti-virus cleaning practices to protect the health and wellness of everyone. These cleaning protocols include:
- Disinfecting our hospital rooms with an electrostatic sprayer. The fine mist penetrates hard to reach places and kills viruses in 30 seconds.
- Using state of the art air-purifiers and Moon Beam UV lights to neutralize pathogens like COVID-19 for high risk patient rooms.
- Wiping down counters, hand rails, doorknobs and other high-touch surfaces multiple times a day with EPA approved disinfecting wipes that kills virus in one minute.
- Installing more hand sanitizer stations at points of entry to our facilities.
- And providing surgical masks for all staff and patients who need them.