RN Residency Program
Emanate Health, formerly Citrus Valley Health Partners, is home to the first community-based hospital system RN Residency Program, referred to as the Mentoring and Professional Development Program (MAP), on the West Coast accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Emanate Health’s MAP RN Residency Program achieved ANCC Accreditation with Distinction in 2017.
The MAP RN Residency Program is a 6-month program front loaded with 12 weeks of 8-hour didactic classes and workshops. The curriculum is supported by Evidence-Based Practice, in conjunction with The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services, and the Board of Registered Nursing with reference to Quality Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies.
The residents are supported throughout their transition into the RN role with mentorship from the MAP Specialists. The program graduates 3 cohorts annually and succeeds with RN resident retention and professional development.
The MAP RN Residency program began in 2005 as a 12-week RN Residency program. In November of 2016, the program was lengthened from a 12-week program to a 6-month program. The 6-month program reflects best practices, provides additional clinical mentorship, and promotes professional growth and development amongst the RN residents. In 2019, Emanate Health’s Emergency Department Nurse Program was added as an accredited clinical specialty program.
Acceptance to the program is year round and open to all new graduate nurses with less than 12 months of acute care experience, foreign trained nurses entering United States (US) healthcare system, and reentry nurses into acute care practice. The number of participants depends on the needs of the organization.
- Emanate Health employee
- Current unencumbered California RN License
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
- Less than 12 months acute care experience, new to the US healthcare system (foreign-trained), and reentry nurses.
The goals of the MAP RN Residency Program are to:
- Assist RN residents in their transition into the RN role by helping the graduate gain confidence through education and training throughout the 6-month program
- Increase the RN residents’ organizational engagement throughout the 6-month program
- Increase and sustain Emanate Health’s RN resident nurse retention rate
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, safe nursing care
- Improve patient experience and nurse-patient relationships