Note: We are no longer accepting applications for 4th year medical student clerkships until May 2023.
We are accepting applications for 4th year medical student clerkships and sub-internships for Family Medicine. Clerkships are 4-6 weeks in duration, which will primarily be spent on the inpatient setting at Queen of the Valley Hospital. Outpatient experience at the Emanate Health Family Medicine clinic and our partner East Valley Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) may occasionally be considered upon request. We accept 4th year medical student clerkships for the time period of August to February of each academic year.
If interested, send your application package (details list below) via email or mail to:
Residency Administrative Assistant and Medical Student Coordinator
Emanate Health Family Medicine Residency Program (FMRP)
1115 S. Sunset Avenue, West Covina, CA 91790-3940
Application package details
Please include ALL of the following in ONE email or ONE mailed package:
- Immunization Records
- TB Records (recent)
- Photocopy of Transcripts (medical school)
- Photocopy of Comlex or USMLE
- Brief “letter of good standing” which includes the statement that you are covered by health and malpractice insurance
- Updated CV
- Answer the following questions in 250 words or less:
- What are you goals as related to family medicine and the 4th year clerkship?
- Why do you want to do a 4th year Sub-I clerkship at Emanate Health?
- Please specify 2 and/or 3 different time periods, with specific start and end dates that work for you in order of preference.
Applications are considered based on merit, answer to the above questions, and date received of completed application. Priority will be given to local applicants, and dedication to the underserved population in alignment with our organization, and residency missions and goals. Your completed application will be reviewed, and you will receive a letter of notification when decisions regarding the clerkships have been made.
We look forward to meeting you soon!