Discover the benefits we offer residents in the Family Medicine Program.
Benefit package: Stipend
- PGY-1: $52,500
- PGY-2: $53,750
- PGY-3: $55,000
- Vacation (20 days per year)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Time-off may not exceed 30 calendar days per the American Board of Family Medicine Regulations. Time-off in excess of 30 days will result in a delay from graduation from the program.
Additional perks and fees covered:
- USMLE Step 3 (if taken by December 31 of the PGY-1 year)
- California Medical License application and licensing fee
- DEA registration fee
- ACLS, BLS, ALSO—Courses provided
- Plan coverage—Medical, Dental and Vision plans for the house officer and eligible dependents. Malpractice coverage, state disability, life insurance and retirement are also included.
- Chromebook provided
- Mobile phone
- UpToDate, Epocrates
- Education stipend
- Education materials
- AAFP membership
- Additional paid accrual of vacation equivalent to five days for PGY 2 and 3
Meals—All meals are free of charge up to a total of $24.00 per 24 hours (one day) when ordered in the hospital restaurant. Additionally, refrigerators located in the resident lounge are stocked with food items.
Lab coats—Three are provided during new resident orientation and one per year thereafter at no charge.
Parking—Secure parking is provided to all house-staff free of charge.
Call rooms—Call rooms are provided for all residents when on call.
Resident lounge—The lounge includes a kitchen area/workroom with several computer stations, flat screen TV, copier, lounging area and meeting table/chairs. Lockers and mailboxes are also in this area.