Discover the benefits we offer residents in the Family Medicine Program.
Benefit package: Stipend
- PGY-1: $58,240
- PGY-2: $59,638
- PGY-3: $61,071
- 15 vacation days per year
- 5 days of administrative wellness leave per year
- 3 days of sick per year
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Time-off may not exceed 30 calendar days per the American Board of Family Medicine Regulations. Time-off in excess of 30 days will result in a delay from graduation from the program
Additional perks and fees covered:
- USMLE Step 3 (if taken by December 31 of the PGY-1 year)
- California Medical License application and licensing fee
- DEA registration fee
- ACLS, BLS, ALSO—Courses provided
- Plan coverage—Medical, Dental and Vision plans for the house officer and eligible dependents. Malpractice coverage, state disability, life insurance and retirement are also included.
- UpToDate, Epocrates
- Education stipend
- Education materials
- AAFP membership
Meals—A daily stipend is provided for meals during working hours when ordered in the hospital restaurant. Additionally, refrigerators located in the resident lounge are stocked with food items.
White coats—Two are provided during new resident orientation and one per year thereafter at no charge.
Parking—Secure parking is provided to all house-staff free of charge.
Call rooms—Call rooms are provided for all residents when on call.
Resident lounge—The lounge includes a kitchen area/workroom with several computer stations, flat screen TV, copier, lounging area and meeting table/chairs. Lockers and mailboxes are also in this area.